1) DefineBefore any formal search is conducted, we need to know the needs and wants. This of course goes beyond just determining the number of bedrooms and size of living area required. Since we're looking for a home and not just a house, we need to understand our clients' lifestyle objectives. With that understanding we can better zero in on the home that not only suits the basic requirements but the more nuanced ones, which quite often are more important.
2) SearchAs part of our search efforts we are out viewing numerous prospective properties and driving through various neighborhoods and areas with our clients. During this time we are constantly dialoguing with our clients about the homes and areas we've viewed and asking them questions to gain a clearer understanding of their needs and wants. We also use this time to provide them with as much relevant and actionable information to help them in their decision process.
3) EvaluateAs we start to narrow down the neighbourhoods and types of properties that best suit our clients we begin the process of more closely evaluating the best options. This involves reviewing the properties we've viewed and comparing their features and characteristics against the objectives we started out with. We also schedule second viewings of those properties we've narrowed down and use that opportunity to determine which property to best focus on.
4) NegotiateOnce we've chosen the property that best suits the criteria, we gather information to prepare an offer. This involves conducting a comparative analysis of the relevant active and sold properties for that neighbourhood. With that we look at a number of key benchmarks to form a basis of our valuation. We also review all that we know on the prospective property and discuss a strategy for best presenting and negotiating the offer. Knowing the end game is critical here.
5) InvestigateUpon arriving at an accepted offer our due diligence on the property begins. Along with scheduling and conducting a thorough home inspection, we're also looking into title information, zoning and community plans. We also assist our clients with confirming the insurance needs on the property and help to support the financing requirements. Any issues that arise from the due diligence process are also worked out to the buyers' satisfaction before subjects are removed.
6) CompleteWith the subjects removed and the sale final we look to help our clients during their transition to their new home. This involves helping to coordinate the conveyancing on the sale to assisting with the selection of the moving company and the multitude of sundry issues that come as a result of moving residences. On certain transactions, a final walkthrough is scheduled prior to completion to review additional agreed upon conditions. Client satisfaction is the ultimate goal here.